FindItMore | It is a big misconception that roses are hard to grow. They have this unwarranted reputation of being high maintenance flowers. Even some experienced farmers are reluctant to grow them since they hear it is hard to maintain them. That is certainly not the case. You don’t require hardcore gardening tools. Here you will learn easy secrets to Growing Roses.
Roses can be grown just as easily as any other flower. You just have to know a few basic, that’s all. We will prove it to you that you and anyone can grow roses without even consulting an expert.
Roses have a huge aesthetic benefits. They look magical laying in the garden. It is a flower you can provide to someone you love with all your heart. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Banana Peels Work Like Magic
It is a connection you wouldn’t have made otherwise, roses and bananas have nothing in common including the smell. But for some reason banana peels are pivotal in growing roses. Banana peel has a lot of phosphorus that roses need.
You must chop banana peels and buy them under a rose. Make sure you buy the peels under the leaves not against the stem. Dig carefully so you don’t disturb the roots and plant the peels 4 inches deep. Alternatively, you can crush peels in a blender and add water if you like. Let the solution be for 15 minutes then water it to the soil beneath the rose.
While this theory is inconclusive but we have reasons to believe that crops and flowers grow faster with mild classical music – and who’d blame them for doing so? The theory suggests that plants respond to the vibrations caused by the music. If you want to be a believer in this theory, then go ahead and buy some outdoor speakers.
Alfalfa contains nitrogen, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and other nutrients. What Alfalfa contains is consider crucial for any plant’s growth. It provides solid nutrition to roses, unlike anything else.
Pour alfalfa meal into the soil of roses, you can use one cup per bush. If you are very keen on Alfalfa, you can conduct some research and brew some alfalfa tea. It is not that difficult.
6 Tips to Growing Roses
Let’s move onto the real stuff. Let’s take a look at six tips of growing roses. It is important that you cover the basics right, otherwise it will all come to nothing.
- Make sure they get sun – roses need six hours a sun per day. Ensure that you don’t plant them in a shady area.
- Use quality soil – always plant roses in well-draining soil. It is a good idea to mix organic material such as ground bark and compost. You can use these material to fill out the planning holes.
- Add a layer of mulch – Add a three inch layer of organic mulch around the roses. When water splashes onto the leaves, it can causes foliage diseases to roses. The mulch helps avoid that.
- Water them religiously – One thing you cannot compromise on is watering. Roses don’t require watering frequently and their petals can get serious damage from water. It is pivotal that you apply water directly to the soil and keep petals dry. The soil should be moist but not overly wet.
- Inspect for diseases – When you have done everything right, inspecting roses for diseases and inspecting them frequently is the kind of maintenance you will have to do.
- Pruning – Speaking of maintenance, roses need regular pruning. Make sure you prune them.