FindItMore | We all have a secret desire to stay forever young. But if you want to treasure a youthful look, you have to do a little more than just eat and sleep well. Thanks to manufacturing technology, there are a myriad of anti-aging creams available on the market which work wonders to rejuvenate your skin.
Eye serums, wrinkle creams and all anti-aging creams are produced to reduce aging sings such as blemishes, spots and fine lines. Practicing good skin care habits and using an effective anti-aging skin care cream can offer multiple benefits to your skin.
Using good quality anti-aging skin creams can:
- Retain your skin’s firmness longer
- Clear up or prevent a blotchy complexion
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines
- Brighten your complexion
Moreover, anti-aging products address common aging signs including:
- skin dryness
- loss of radiance
- less skin elasticity
- wrinkles, spots and lines
- pigmentation disorders
- redness due to blood vessel dilation
As we age, we experience a few or all of these signs because of the cellular breakdown that takes place in our skin. Age also slows down the rate of key metabolic processes and there is an immediate need to stimulate the production of elastic, collagen and hyaluronic acid production in the dermal layer.
Skin inflammation, over-stimulation of pigment and protein cross linking by sugars disintegrates healthy skin compounds. Using a good moisturizer is beneficial for reducing visible effects of aging. Moisturizing lotions and creams also prevent any damage that occurs due to UV exposure and other environmental conditions.
However, anti-aging creams and lotions dramatically improve the appearance of your skin and prevent further damage to your skin’s layers. Renowned brands manufacture all anti-aging products after doing years of research and tests. But your skin condition and the specific ingredients in the cream affect the success rate in each individual case.
Moreover, people who are looking for a face-lift solution in a jar are less likely to find a miraculous product at their local supermarket. Nonprescription or over-the-counter anti-aging creams are not categorized as drugs. So, the products are not required to undergo scientific research to validate their effectiveness.
What Are The Ingredients In Anti-Wrinkle Creams?
The success rate of an anti-wrinkle cream generally depends on the active ingredients used in the product. The most common ingredients in today’s best anti-aging cream include:
- Retinol: Retinol is the first antioxidant to be used in nonprescription wrinkle creams. An effective vitamin A compound, retinol serves as an antioxidant and neutralizes free radicals to prevent wrinkles.
- Vitamin C: This is another powerful antioxidant and protects the skin from UV exposure. Anti-aging creams that contain Vitamin C should be stored in a dry and cool place where they are not exposed to direct sunlight.
- Hydroxy acids: Alpha, beta and poly hydroxy acids work as exfoliates to remove dead skin. They also support the growth of an evenly pigmented new skin.
- Coenzyme Q10: Reduces wrinkles and lines around the eye area. The ingredient also shields the skin from sun damage.
- Peptides: This tested ingredient has been in use for healing stretch marks and wounds. It is now an active ingredient in most of today’s popular anti-aging creams.
- Tea Extracts: Oolong, black and green tea feature compounds with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The most common extracts used in the formation of anti-aging creams are green tea extracts.
- Grape Seed Extract: Apart from their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, grape seed extract supports wound healing.
- Niacinamide: This is a powerful antioxidant, which is closely related to niacin or vitamin B. The ingredient promotes good skin elasticity and reduces water loss in the skin.
How To Buy The Best Anti-Aging Cream?
When you are considering a good anti-aging cream to improve your skin’s appearance, consider the following factors:
Results: All nonprescription anti-aging creams feature lower or moderate concentrations of active ingredients. This is why over the counter anti-wrinkle and anti-aging creams offer short-lived results.
Cost: Since there is a plethora of products easily available on the market, some of the best anti-aging creams also come with a high price tag.
Side Effects: Be careful about choosing skin-care products. Remember to perform an allergy test prior to using an anti-aging cream. If you experience any redness, rash or a burning sensation, follow the product’s instructions or get in touch with the brand’s customer care department.
Assess Your Skin Type: Not all anti-aging products are made for a particular skin type. All of us have different skin types and a product that works for someone may not provide any beneficial results in your case.
You may need to explore a few options before deciding on a cream that works for your skin. Depending on the strength of ingredients and usage, anti-aging creams deliver varying results.
Nonetheless, the products are best ways to lessen the appearance of aging spots and wrinkles, the non-surgical way. But no product offers long-term results if you don’t stick to a daily skin-care regime.
Here are a few ways to get the most out of your anti-aging products.
- Limit Sun Time: UV exposure is the number one reason why you experience blotchy and troubled skin. Too much time in the sun translates into future wrinkles.
- Hydrate: Don’t just moisturize but hydrate your skin. This is important because dry skin converts plump skin cells into shriveled ones and produce wrinkles. Drink plenty of water and use a good moisturizer every day to take care of creases and tiny lines that crack your skin.
- Create a Personalized Skin Care Plan: Wear protective accessories such as a hat or shades. Also, use a reliable sunscreen to protect your skin when you are out in the sun.If you are looking for more dramatic results, you can ask a dermatologist to recommend you a product for treating stubborn aging spots and wrinkles.
The best anti-aging creams do not cause an allergic reaction and list all ingredients on the label. If you don’t want to try out skin-resurfacing techniques or the popular botulinum toxin (Botox) injections, anti-aging creams are the best options to reverse and prevent aging signs.