FindItMore | The home is where people can unwind and relax after a tough day. As such, this should be a space that is built, designed, and decorated with your comforts in mind.
Not many may give the bathrooms in their home much thought, but it’s an area of the house that meets plenty of our relaxation needs. Taking a dip in a tub filled with fragrant warm water and plenty of bubbles can help ease the tension from the day’s struggles. Merely hearing the soft, hushed tones of trickling water from the shower can calm worried thoughts.
With a little bit of imagination, a simple bathroom can become your very own spa at home. A little bit of work and planning goes into turning your bathroom into this private, relaxing space. Below are some design and renovation tips that can help turn your bathroom into a spa.
1. Set Parameters
List Down Your Needs
Before going into your bathroom and changing everything around, make a list of your particular bathroom needs first. Besides meeting your basic requirements for biological functions, think about the other activities you would like to do in your bathroom.
For instance, maybe music is something you would enjoy during a lukewarm bubble bath. As such, you might consider placing surround sound speakers in your bathroom. Some people like to pay attention to the lighting and opt to have special fixtures installed in their bathroom.
Whether it’s built-in speakers or more strategic lighting, listing down your needs and desires will help you identify other details necessary for the new bathroom design before letting the professionals charge into your bathroom with a sledgehammer.
Pick a Theme
There are so many different ways to design or renovate a bathroom. Picking a theme will help you select the appropriate fittings, supplies and decor for your bathroom spa. A theme will also keep you within budget.
You could, for example, recreate a real spa by going for an Asian Zen garden vibe or a more glamorous and minimalist all-white-and-gold aesthetic for your bathroom.
Set a Budget
Setting a budget is a must. Designing or renovating any room in the home can get quite overwhelming, and the expenses can rack up if you don’t pay attention to them. Setting a budget will help you rule out options and make financial decisions that fit your needs and lifestyle.
When it comes to setting a budget for your bathroom, consider the following:
- How can professionals help you achieve your vision?
- Will you need to buy new bathroom equipment (e.g., toilet or tub)?
- Are you going to start from scratch (i.e., redesigning tiles and fixtures)?
2. Seek Professional Help
If you are planning on fully renovating your bathroom, from the walls to the floors and to the ceiling, it is always best to consult a professional. Look for companies that provide expert services for home renovations, or better yet, one that specializes specifically in bathrooms.
A company that specializes in bathrooms would typically work with some of the best bathroom brands for appliances, fittings, fixtures, LED lighting, tiles for floors and walls, and more so that their customers can get everything they need and wouldn’t have to go anywhere else. These professionals also create bathroom solutions after thorough discussions with clients concerning their ideas and visions for the design of their new bathroom.
Redesigning a bathroom can be quite challenging, so getting the job done by an experienced bathroom design specialist can help alleviate some of the stress that goes with renovating a space.
Having your bathroom transformed into your own personal spa shouldn’t be stressful, given all the functionality, comfort and convenience it will provide when it’s finished. So seek professional help and watch your old bathroom evolve into the blissful, relaxing escape you’ve always wanted it to become.
3. Extra Tips for Designing Your Bathroom Spa
- To inspire relaxation, aim to hit three senses: sight, smell, and sound.
- Color. Carefully consider the colors going into your bathroom, from the paint on your walls to the tiles on the floor. Color can significantly affect mood because certain shades are associated with certain feelings. For example, shades of red can invoke romantic feelings, while blue can inspire calmness.
- Lighting. Softer, dimmer lighting can be more soothing than harsh artificial light, which is why some people like to surround their tubs with candles or turn the lights down low with a dimmer.
- Scents. A person’s sense of smell is closely connected to memories, sensations, and emotions. So fill your bathroom spa with scents from scented candles or essential oils that help you relax or think back on pleasurable sensations and memories.
- Sound. Music can evoke emotions and influence moods. Certain sounds, like crashing waves, are also often associated with positive feelings and relaxation, so playing your preferred music and sounds can help enhance the calm, relaxing vibe in your bathroom.
- Make thoughtful decor choices
- Lounge chairs. If your bathroom is big enough, you might want to consider placing a lounge chair or two in it where you can sit and relax in while drawing a bath or getting ready for bed.
- Plants. Take some of the beauty of nature inside. Not all plants can survive in low light and high humidity; however, there are flowers, like orchids, that could cope with the environment in a bathroom, and are pretty to boot.
Who says you can’t recreate the spa experience at home? With the help of bathroom design experts and inspired decor ideas, you can achieve the spa-style bathroom that you’ll look forward to spending time in every single day.