FindItMore | Acrylic Sheet or acrylic glass has many well-known trade names. They are known as Plexiglas, Perspex, Lucite, and Acrylite. It is a transparent thermoplastic and it is often used in sheet form hence the name acrylic sheet. It is very lightweight and can be considered as a substitute to a glass. These are made of acrylic plastic and are weighs half than glass does. They are quite resistant to any kind of impact and are affected by the element within a temperature range. Since they are a great substitute for glass, therefore, they can be used even more without worrying about it breaking.
If you are planning on buying them, there are few things you need to keep in mind before you choose your dealer of course. But again, there are also some basics that you need to be informed about like what kind of acrylic sheets exist and which one to choose to fit your needs the best.
Types of Acrylic Sheets
- Clear Acrylic Sheeting is the most common type of acrylic. The flexibility is mainly evident from the staggering variety of dimensions you can order it in. The thickness of the range spreads from four inches to 1/25th an inch.
- White Acrylic Sheeting is a perfect choice when you have really unusual choices in dimensions that you would need to fulfil. What is even more interesting is the fact that acrylic technology has become very popular which has led to buying of black sheets that actually turn white under the exposure of LED lights.
- Coloured Acrylic Sheeting is something to choose from different acrylic sheets if you are looking for those extra colours. There are rainbow of options and they are just as striking providing you all the durability and aesthetics that you would want.
- Light Diffusing Acrylic prevents the visible hot spots along with the luminance fluctuations which makes it a perfect choice for all those backlit letters and signs. It helps you save that extra money that you would rather have to spend on bulbs.
- Solar Tinted Acrylic provides you and your valuable objects with that extra protection against the sun and the ultraviolet rays. So, no worries about surface peeling and bubbling.
- Non-Glare Acrylic Sheeting helps to reduce down the glare on the display cases for certain products. These have a matte finish which provides your items with exceptional protection without obscuring your observation.
- Anti-Static Acrylic Sheeting is the acrylic sheet that provides exceptional protection against all the electrical components since its specialized material with the transparent coating prevents the flow of static electricity.
- Abrasion Resistant Acrylic Sheeting has an excellent amount of resistant power towards abrasion. It provides protection towards harsh chemicals and abrasion.
- Impact Modified Acrylic has an impact resistance which is very much similar to polycarbonate. It also possesses superior qualities like affordability, optical clarity and weather ability.
- Lucite Block Acrylic Sheeting allows for LED lights to be embedded directly in the material in order to create an evenly dispersed glow.
- Textured Acrylic Sheeting is being used as substitutes for glass in a number of different applications such as cabinet doors, patio tables etc.
How to Choose Acrylic Sheet Dealer
Now that you have understood all the various different types of acrylic sheet that there is, you would have to find a suitable dealer for this too. Here are some tips that can help you choose one.
- If you are looking for high quality acrylic sheet, then you have to find something that has been made from high quality resin. Asking around for a dealer that deals in high quality acrylic sheet will help you save time and money. Make sure that the acrylic sheet looks like glass or even clearer.
- Look for sellers who deal in acrylic sheets and ask around the prices. You could compare the prices and see which one suits your budget and then finalize on it.
- Reading about customer reviews online will also help you understand which seller is better and thus gives you some clarity about whom to choose.