FindItMore | Americaine Ointment is used if you have experienced specific pain in the conditions of your skin such as scrapes, minor burns, or insect bites. It can be used to stop itching. It can also help reduce the pain or discomfort that are caused by a sore throat, sunburn, vaginal or rectal irritation, ingrown toenails, hemorrhoids, and any other sources of minor pain as long as it is only within the surface of the body.
However, it should not be used as a treatment for teething pain of infants because it is not approved for the use of children within two years younger even if this serves as a local anesthetic.
Proper usage of Americaine Ointment
In using Americaine ointment, make sure to follow these guidelines as these are the proper usage of using such:
- If you have not consulted your doctor in using this product, make sure that you read all directions on the product package before you use it as your medication. However, if your doctor prescribes it, follow his given instructions.
- Before you use it, make sure that you have cleaned and dried the skin area. Apply a thin layer of the ointment to the skin affected.
- If you use a spray, shake it thoroughly before using. Hold the can 6 to 12 inches from the skin affected then continuously spray it until it becomes wet. Make sure that it will not be scattered directly towards your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover the applied area with waterproof bandage or plastic. Apply heat if your doctor instructed you to do so. Take note that doing it may increase the risk of severe side effects.
- Immediately wash your hands after use to avoid direct accidentally brushing it to your eyes, nose, or mouth. If the medication unexpectedly reaches these areas, rinse it right away with water.
- Do not overuse the product.
- If your skin condition has worsened after application, and you think it is not normal reaction of the skin, get medical help to assist you right away.
Side effects of Americaine Ointment
Commonly, after application, there are temporary redness, stinging, irritations on the skin you have wiped. If one of these side effects gets worse, it needs your doctor’s intervention.
However, if you will experience the following, call your doctor because these are serious side effects:
- Slow or shallow breathing
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
There is a lesser chance of getting a severe allergic reaction on this ointment but if you have noticed any symptoms of a severe allergic reaction such as rash, new or worsened itching or swelling mainly of the face, tongue, or throat, severe dizziness, and or having trouble in breathing.
These are not the complete list of the side effects that could happen to every individual. If there are strange feelings you have to discern towards the reaction of the product to your skin, call the attention of your doctor immediately.
Precautions in using Americaine Ointment
These are friendly reminders to people who used the product for their skin or things.
- Before using this, better tell your doctor if you are allergic to it.
- You need to tell your doctor about your medical history that deals with broken or skin infection in the affected area, or heart disease.
- Protect your clothes or fabric from the stain it could get from the ointment.
- Never use this as oral medication. The usage of this is for exterior skin only.
- Do not put this into the rectum in any means.
- Do not use more often than prescribed by your doctor.
- If you are pregnant, ask your doctor if this is advisable to give you information about the benefits or risks it might cause you and your baby.
- If you are a nursing mother, consult your doctor first. If you use it, make sure that it is ore near the nipple to prevent the baby from swallowing the ointment.
Each human body has different adoption to specific medication prescribed by doctors. As much as possible, do not share your drugs with others, and otherwise. Talk with your doctor if you think you may engage with other medication for your health. At the same time, never forget to seek promotional discounts to assist you with your medicine. Thus, PharmaQuotes have offered 87% off of this product if you secure an Americaine Coupon.