FindItMore | Moving anywhere across the US for work or other reasons can be pretty stressful. What do you do with all your property while you search around for the right home? The answer is to rent a self-storage unit. The good news? Atlanta has plenty of self-storage companies to choose from.
Working and Living in Atlanta
The capital of Georgia and home to over 5 million people, Atlanta boasts some big employers like Delta Airlines and Coca-Cola. The cost of living and buying a home in the city is lower than the national average, and there’s plenty to do and see if you are planning to settle down there and work.
It’s the perfect place to live if you want all the amenities of a big city with areas that still have that small-town feel. There are plenty of family-owned businesses, places to eat and it’s a city that is on the move upwards.
Buying a New Home in Atlanta
There are a bunch of different districts where you might want to set up your new home, but they’re going to take time to explore. That’s why renting somewhere short-term and putting some of your property in self-storage is a great option.
There are places like Castleberry Hill that are great for the arts and culture as well as Midtown and Buckhead where the young, upcoming professionals hang out.
5 Places to Visit in Atlanta
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site: A focal point for those who value civil rights.
- Fox Theater: The best place for comedy, music and major movies.
- Piedmont Park: Atlanta’s answer to Central Park, it’s the perfect place to lunch away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- The Indie Craft Scene: Atlanta has a whole host of events and retreats for those who like to explore their artistic side.
- Krog Street Market: A hive of excellent food and street market stalls that will keep you busy for hours.
Things to Consider when Renting Self-Storage in Atlanta
Renting a self-storage unit in Atlanta is one way to reduce the stress of your move. There are plenty of businesses offering a secure storage solution, and it means you don’t have to worry about all your worldly goods while you search for the right place to stay.
- How long do you want to rent for? Most self-storage companies offer the option of short- and long-term rentals. If you can find one that offers weekly or monthly services, it can save you money.
- Do you need climate control? Atlanta is a pretty hot city, and climate control should be top of your list if you have possessions that are likely to be affected. State of the art facilities on offer should keep your possessions at optimal temperature and humidity, so you have complete peace of mind.
- What is the location of the storage unit? The roads in Atlanta can be busy and moving your goods from A to B once you’ve found your dream home can cost. That’s why it’s sensible to pick your area carefully and choose a self-storage service nearby.
- What size self-storage unit do you need? This can often be difficult to gauge, especially if you are a first-time mover. A complete unit size guide should give you an idea of what to ask for when you are selecting your self-storage company.